Are You Throwing Away Your Advertising Dollars on 'Old School' Yellow Pages Advertising?
Online Local Search has almost completely replaced traditional yellow pages advertising. Google is the new King of Local Advertising.
You may have noticed when you search for for a dentist, or carpet cleaner in Google you automaitcally get results that look like the picture below. These results are what are referred to as Google Places, or Google Local results. These listings are created for your business by Google, for Free. This is the NEW Yellow Pages, and if you're not ranking near the top, you're missing out on a ton of business.
Only 7% of Google Places Pages have been claimed.
Local Search is in its infancy. It's a brand new opportunity for local business to take advantage of and get ahead of their competitors.
Here are some statistics to show you how important Local Search is to your business:
• Over 50% of all purchases are preceded by an Internet search
• 30 percent of all search queries contain a city, state or zip code.
• There are 2.6 billion local searches a month
• You don’t need a website! (Although having one helps)
How Can You Improve Your Google Places Ranking?
Because Google Places is very new, there are still many flaws with the technology. It is ever evolving, but there are three main criteria that are guaranteed to increase your ranking in Google Places.
1. Claim Your Listing. Google creates a Places page for your business by gathering information from the Internet. It may not always be accurate. When you claim your listing you get to ensure the information is 100% accurate. You can also add photos, videos and coupons. I can help you claim your listing in Google, Bing and Yahoo. Google is the King, but there are still people who use Yahoo & Bing.
2. Collect Customer Reviews. Obviously getting good reviews is better, but Google is interested in the quantity of reviews as well as the quality. Getting more reviews also helps you find areas to improve in your business. I can help you set up a system of collecting reviews online to improve your ranking.
3. Collect Citations. These are listings of your business in online directories. The more places your business can be found the better Google will rank you.